Monday, March 19, 2018

God's Promises Despite Challenging Lambing Season

This lambing season has been the most challenging lambing season Kendall and I have ever experienced in our eight years of doing this.  Our very first ewe to lamb had triplets.  Only one has survived.  I believe if we would not have tubed him for ten days, we would have lost him too.  The triplets were born premature and did not know how to suck.  It took Kaleb ten days before he began to suck on his own taking a bottle.  This was exhausting because he could only handle two ounces of milk at a time every two hours.  The next ewe had a healthy lamb that took right off sucking.  The third ewe had twins.  They were very tiny, but they were very aggressive.  They have done well except for one of the lambs was born with an eyelid condition called entropin.  The lambs eyelid turned inward which was penetrating the cornea of the eye irritating it.  I had to have the vet out to staple its eyelid back into correct position hoping that it will stay once the staples are removed.  The fourth ewe who we were most excited about, she was in labor and pushed for two hours before having her lambs.  They were huge lambs and this was her first year.  Because the lambs were so big, she ended up having a rectal and vaginal prolapse.  I missed this within the first 24 hours of her giving birth.  When I left the farm that evening, the babies were up sucking just fine.  When I went up to feed the next morning, one of the twins was already dead and the other one very weak.  Kendall and I tubed it, then we rushed it to the vet knowing we did not have much time.  That evening the other twin passed away.  Our most recent ewe delivered twins.  They were both very tiny and premature.  The one was so weak, that it died with in 30 minutes of delivery.  The next lamb, the mom would not accept, which also could not suck. It also died. 

The next day, Saturday morning I was at the farm at 5:30 am because I was a part of Every Soul Women's Conference in Broadway where 600 women were going to be in attendance. To my surprise, when I went to feed Channel, she was lying dead with a complete prolapse.  I was devastated and began to cry wondering why all of these bad things were happening.  I had hoped that she did not suffer.  It crossed my mind to not go to the Women's Conference, but then I thought, "No, I am not going to let the enemy have authority over me."  I decided to go to the Women's Conference and expose the enemy's lies, deceit and tactics.  Once at the Conference, my prayer partners prayed over me and anointed a cloth for me to tie on my arm.  As they were praying for me, I began to weep because God revealed to me that the loss of the ewe was not for nothing.  God said that the ewe was a sacrifice for deliverance for the women that would be in attendance at the Conference.  I was so humbled and could only say, "Yes, Lord let it be so as you have said and done.  Your ways are higher and greater than what I can understand or comprehend."   What was sobering was that earlier in the week I dreamed that Channel had died.  God was preparing me for this even though at that time I was in denial about the dream. 

With so much loss in a short period of time, I was reflecting and asking God the meaning and purpose of the premature lambs that didn't know how to suck.  God revealed that it is all a part of my preparation in learning how to teach the spiritually immature how to suck spiritual milk so that they may be strengthened and taught for the spiritual battles that are about to intensify as we enter into the days of Noah.

God has given me recurring dreams of devastation and chaos that is about to come where unrepentant sinners will be lost who have not heeded the warnings and urgency of devastation that is to come. As these things begin to unfold, God revealed that there will be masses coming for spiritual milk.   As they come, God is increasing my capacity to shepherd to the masses while teaching me how to depend on God to provide all that is needed.  Even though the work will be endless, God is showing me how remain in Him so that I am fully refreshed and empowered by the authority of the Holy Spirit regardless of what is happening and going on around me.

My prayer is that the Churches and individuals wake up to the warnings turn to God professing Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior while there is time.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment