Monday, July 1, 2013

Say YES!

photo credit: 
http://yessolarpueblo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/yes-logo.jpg
I was being called to the river again today to spend one on one time with God.  I was walking briskly and felt so much joy not knowing what God would reveal or speak to me.  I crossed over the guard rail and climbed down onto the river rocks beside the water.  As I was getting ready to sit down, a snake slithered under the rock where I usually sit.  I wondered what I was supposed to do and what did that mean.  Beside this rock in the water I saw a snake skin that had just recently been shed.

Perhaps that is my message that I too am shedding more of my old self, habits, desires, plans and ways.  There certainly has been a lot of radical changes in my life in the past several months.  Some of the changes so radical that I have been called irrational and crazy.  From my flesh way of being I guess I can understand why it would be perceived that I am irrational and crazy.  However, from my spirit way of being I feel set free, joyful and the most excitement that I have experienced in my life.  I know where God is leading me and what He is asking me to do is for a greater purpose that is bigger than me.  It is about total abandonment of my self, desires, wishes and plans by single-mindedly focusing on Him to lead, guide and direct my steps that show me that He is more than abundantly able to use me for His honor and glory.  

I know that in order to walk through the next door for God to unfold the vision that He has placed on my heart, He is asking me to sell my house as well as my possession.  I must admit, at first I didn't think that I could sell all of my possession.  I am still pondering if He really means for me to sell my family antiques.  This of course has brought about much conflict and attacks from family and others that don't understand why God would ask me to do this.  I understand their confusion, but I also understand what God is revealing to me as well.  He has opened my eyes that I am distracted, tied down and in bondage to my house, my belongings and debt.  He wants to set me free so that I won't have any worldly distraction so that I can fully focus on Him and being His servant to serve others who are lost, broken and spiritually depleted.  He wants me to be free to accept and love others fully and unconditionally.  It's that simple.  I simply need to focus on God first allowing Him to cut away and prune more of my imperfections so that I will be able to bear His fruit making me available and free for the harvest that will follow.

At first it seemed like a sacrifice, but now I see it as a gift that He is giving me.  I am gaining so much more than I am losing.  God is wooing me into something big and I want more of His wooing!  Because of His unconditional love, patience and grace with me, He has given me strength and courage to stay focused on Him and the vision that He has placed on my heart.

So the shedding of the old snake skin was the old me that has died and been reborn into the new of what God originally intended me to do, live and be for Him.  I am reminded of the scripture in Psalm 40:3 that says "He will put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.  Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord."  Not only has He made me new, but He has given me a new song and desire.  I now embrace this new life purpose mission and song for my life.  Brad Kuster said "Let your life be defined by who you are in Christ and you can live more simply when you go through a life priority adjustment."  My eyes, my focus, my priority is God first in all things and to "But seek first his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well" (Matthew 6:33).

I am excited about living simply, but boldly, courageously and radically for the Lord no matter how irrational and crazy it may seem.  I have found the answer to true happiness and joy and it is nothing that this world can give me.  Thank you God for quickening my heart, enlightening my mind and awakening my soul.  Your spirit lives in Me.  Hallelujah! 

As I finished writing this, a black dragon fly with deep beautiful turquoise on it kept flying around me joyfully.  I have never seen a dragonfly like this before!  I wonder what message it was trying to speak to me?   Also the entire time I have been sitting by the river, there was also a duck sitting on an island of grass in the middle of the river.  It is speaking of peace and rest in the lush green grass while God's living water flows, controls and orchestrates everything in our lives.  We don't have to do anything other than say "Yes" to allow God to have His way with us.  To say "Yes" to the things we can't control.  To say "Yes" to things we don't understand.  To say "Yes" that God does know the plans for us.  To say "Yes" to walking into the unknown.  To say "Yes" that we do trust and believe in God.  To say "Yes" to the calling.  By saying "Yes" we release and defeat the enemy's bondage of fear, anxiety and worry.  Say "YES" and you will be free.

Now it won't be perfect.  There will be trials and circumstance that come our way.  Just as I am sitting here, I have three mosquitoes that keep attacking me.  So just as nature and life have trials and distractions, we too will experience them.  But it is how we approach these trials and distraction by going to God first.  He will be with us and see us through it and reveal to us either a lesson or way of strengthening our character.  So I encourage you to say "Yes" to whatever you may be experiencing or going through and let God show you how He can bring you through it.  He wants your full attention and love! 

2 comments:

  1. This changing is hard isn't it? A few months ago someone spoke a new anointing over me and I must say that all "hell" broke loose! Physical problems; financial issues; confusion; stress; I withdrew in the storm and rather than ask Christian friends to stand with me and pray for me I grew ashamed that this was happening to me...that I should be "further along in my walk" with the Lord. Ashamed that my faith might appear weak. A huge struggle for me. Am I in the right church...am I really supposed to have this ministry...can I really write this book!! My praise and worship music seemed to hurt my ears! I could not concentrate on God's Word, written or heard. Sleep was restless at best and often illusive. At 4AM one morning when nothing seemed to lead me to peace I remembered a song Kate sang several years ago..."Does He Still Feel the Nails". I found it on Youtube and began to sing along...and there I found another song, The Anchor Holds. I loaded that one up and sang it over and over. The next day I called a friend and said...help...I'm in over my head. I attended a Bible study and found myself prostrate on the floor in front of the altar...asking God to simply rip all of this out of me...no matter how painful. Finally, Sunday afternoon, the murkiness began to clear...another call for help and some wise and understanding counsel moved me forward. Sunday night as I read my Bible I felt the need for something else and began searching for a specific devotional...instead I found one loaned to me by a friend...it's by Perry Stone...365 Sparking Gyms from the Greeks. I leafed through the front and one heading caught my eye...without noticing the date for that particular heading I turned to find it was for January 13th...my birthday!!! It was filled with affirmation of what my wise friend had shared. A look at July 1st lead to me to other pages that spoke to completely to my heart...my ache...my desperate cries. So I continue to ask my Father to open my eyes, my ears, my heart to His counsel and plans. To clean out..rip out if necessary, all that is within me that is not pleasing to Him. That battle is winding down..did I fight the "good fight"? No, not as I would have wished; but YES I will win. I have the Amour of God! I will stand for God as He promises to stand with me! YES Lord...I am yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lila, yes it is the most difficult discipline that I have ever set out to do. I will hold you in prayer for continued courage, boldness and dependence on God to work in and through you whatever that may look like.

    I also know the devotional that you are talking about and yes it is awesome!

    Thanks for being vulnerable and sharing your narrative. I feel honored and blessed to know a part of your story and how God is working in your life. You will be a testimony for others who may be experiencing similar circumstances.

    I am so glad you said YES!

    You are in my heart and prayers!

    Love you sweet sister!

    ReplyDelete