Saturday, April 13, 2013

No Longer My Own


Have you ever walked a labyrinth?  If not, I would highly encourage you to do so.  Labyrinth walking is an ancient practice used for over several thousand years.  It is a way to walk in a slow meditative pace that leads you to your inner depths.  It is believed to bring about healing, wellness, insight and divine guidance to your life purpose. 
photo by http://www.jmu.edu/arboretum/images/gallery/buildings-and-features/labyrinth-02.jpg
On several occasions, I have walked on the labyrinths at Eastern Mennonite University and at the Arboretum at James Madison University.  I also share this experience with my clients to see what may be revealed to them. 
I personally had a spiritual experience as I was wondering around the path to the center of the labyrinth.  As I entered the opening, I was concentrating on my steps and breaths.  As I raised my foot, I took a deep breath in and slowly placed my foot down while exhaling my breath.  I paused until I took the next deep breath in unison raising my foot.  I repeated this concentrating on my steps and breaths as I meandered around the turns until I was lost with no thoughts at all.  I was in a daze of complete surrender and abandonment of myself to the divine. 
Once I got to the center of the labyrinth, I meditated there for some time.  When I got up to leave, I sat on the ground beside the labyrinth and focused on what I just experienced and what was trying to come forth to reveal to me.  As I focused on my felt sense, I physically, emotionally and mentally felt peace.  I was so relaxed and felt as though I had just gotten a full body massage.  Then a poem emerged called “No Longer My Own”.

No Longer My Own
I follow and trust my own inner divine calling.
I had to let go of all the false parts of myself
In order to hear and
Recognize the whispers.
 
My steps are no longer my own,
But of a higher purpose and will.
As I continue to go inward,
I will gain purity, clarity and wisdom.
 
This will allow me to lead others
To peace, wellness and whole being
Since I am now stripped of myself
And no longer my own!
by LaDawn

No comments:

Post a Comment