Tuesday, November 26, 2013

One Minute With God

photo credit http://foodmatters.tv/images/assets/meditation.jpg
If you don't meditate, I would encourage you to do so by beginning this week for just one minute each day.  Each week then continue to increase your time until you can have at least 15 minutes a day with God being present with no distractions.

This morning I had the most intimate experience with God.  I felt Him holding my aching, sorrowful heart that radiated warmth and peace throughout my entire body.  I envisioned His hands lovingly holding my heart.  It was such a peaceful feeling that I no longer noticed my aching heart.  I did not want to get up and leave this space.  I am usually at this place with God for about 30 minutes or so, and I have had some instances where I have been at this place for nearly two hours. 

As you experience God this way in these moments, you continue to come back for more wondering how you might experience God in the new day.  What amazes me is that while I am spending this one on one time with God, I have no consciousness of time.  What I have learned is that when I start my day in meditation with God, my day has order, my day works more effortlessly, I carry a peace with me throughout the day no matter what I am faced with, and others also feel and experience this peace.  No matter how much time I spend with God each day, it always feels like I have gained hours in the day and I am just more relaxed. 

My time of meditation with God is quieting me internally which is opening up a space for God to reside.  My aim each day is to create so much space within me that God is the only one that  has residence within me that gives me this feeling of balance, equanimity, and non-dualistic thoughts that gives me this peace and harmony.  That is what it means to be in union and one with God!  It begins with being intentional to spend time with God in meditation.

I encourage you to be still, and learn God's voice, touch, and whispers.  When you still yourself, you are able to discern God's voice from all of the other chattering voices.  This is the entry way to obtaining God's wisdom.  Psalm 1:2-3 says, "but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
and who meditates on his law day and night.  That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers."  Sounds like to me this is a promise that if we meditate with God and in His word, He will guide our way in life enriching ways.  It begins with one minute a day!  You will be glad you started!  Let me know how it goes and how it has affected your life.  Hope to hear from you :)  In peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment