Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Time of Soluitude with God: First of Six Series

For about two weeks I had been having a body felt sense stirring within me and knew God was manifesting something within me.  This was a new feeling for me.  I heard God calling me to a time of solitude with Him.  As silly as it seemed to me, I sent out a random email to my coworkers and a sister in faith responded that she would love to share her family cabin with me.  She shared with me that when her father was building the cabin when she was a child, that he told her to be sure to share the cabin with her friends.  This had recently been weighing on her heart of how her and her husband could share the cabin with their friends.  Then she said, my email came.  It was so God ordained.  I am in awe to think that when her father was building this cabin, God already knew that He would be calling me up to this cabin at this specific divine time.  I can't even begin to comprehend this knowing and foretelling that God has. 

As I was preparing for this time of solitude everything went effortlessly from organizing, preparing, loading and driving up to the mountaintop cabin.  Even loading and driving Ginger, my sick dog with lymphoma, she also had a peace to her as well.  She usually does not like to ride but something was even different for her and she seemed excited and expectant.  As I was driving, she was looking out the back window and not whimpering like she normally does.  I had such a peace about this, knowing that this was all God ordained.  I had been praying that this would be a "shack" experience where I would encounter Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  I was expectant!

As soon as I arrived, I unloaded everything out of my car.  The wind was blowing so hard on the mountaintop, the wind was frigid and cutting through me, and flurries were flying around.  My car thermometer said a frigid 35 degrees but I know the wind chill must have been in the 20's.  I also gathered in wood and proceeded to start a fire.  I am so thankful to a soul friend who share the idea with me to buy starter logs.  They worked wonderfully!  It took the cabin a long time to warm up and I thought my feet were never going to thaw out.  I laid down on the sofa for a bit and I ended up dozing off to sleep.  When I awakened, the sun was setting.  It was the most beautiful site.  To the west, the mountains had an orange radiating glow to them.  To the north, I overlooked five mountain ranges into Mt. Storm where I could see glimpses of the 132 wind farm turbines.  I also saw smoke rising from the chimneys of the power plant.  Those mountains were so vibrant of blue and violet hues.

With all of the lights off in the cabin, I reclined in the chair and watched night come.  In the skyline I saw a bright star that was probably Venus toward the west.  I meditated upon the star and followed it.  As I followed it, sometimes it would appear to divide and be two, other times it would appear as if it were coming toward me and at one point it even resembled the image of an angel to me.  I continued to meditate upon it and asked it to speak to me. 

At that moment, I became emotional and felt so much gratitude for the opportunity to be at this place knowing that God called me here to encounter Him for a specific time or message.  I felt and knew what a blessing this sacred time was for me to be here.  I prayed to God as I sat there in awe praising Him.  I told God that this was just all so perfect!

That is when God revealed to me that His plans are always perfect!  He assured me that He doesn't miss even one detail and that nothing will be lacking!  I thought, WOW!, yes, when I am in God's perfect will, yes things do just fall into place effortlessly.  I asked myself when will I finally get this and try to stop my own plans, desires and agendas?  I wondered why I can't let go of this control or stronghold upon me?

This would be the first of many of God's lessons for me during my time at the cabin.  I sat there in awe until I was so sleepy that I got up and went to bed.  I was now intrigued and wondered  what else God would reveal to me during my time here!    

PS - Yes, I am dressed in layers with my dad's blaze orange vest on.  Bear hunting season is in and I didn't want to take the chance of being mistaken for a bear with a purple hat on!  :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment