Sunday, January 5, 2014

Restless Night at the Cabin: Series Five of Six

On my last night at the cabin, I had a restless night's sleep that I attributed to my hesitancy of wanting this time of solitude to end with God.  It has been one of the most enriching and intimate experiences I have ever encountered with God.  I was up and down all night and would sit in the rocking chair looking out the glass doors toward Mt. Storm mountain range.

As I sat there reflecting how perfect this time has been, I just wept and told God that I did not want this time to end.  I prayed and asked Him to go with me back home and be with me like this all the time.  I have never felt so much love, peace and security in my entire life.

I finally went back to bed and dozed off awakening this morning with so much gratitude but also ambivalence of returning home.  I slowly began to pack things up and clean the cabin.  As I have been doing so, there have been so many black birds that I have not seen since I've been at the cabin.  As I looked out the glass doors, they are circling over the cabin and cawing out soaring high into the sky toward Mt. Storm.  God is telling me, "it is time!"  He is "cawing" me out to now go!  He revealed to me that there is much work to be done.  He assured me that he is holding on to me and it is time to soar just like the birds.  It is a time to soar to new things emerging and a time to soar to new heights that I never thought possible.  Yes, God is calling me out to soar on His behalf and on His wings sharing His love, grace, mercy and compassion with all of humanity.

I now felt comforted and knew as well it was time for me to go and finish preparing to do God's work.  I looked down at Ginger who was laying beside me at this door where she often stayed.  This too was her favorite place to meditate with me as well.  She could look out the glass door and rest peacefully, snoring contently.  Knowing that she is getting to the end of her life as a result of her lymphoma, it was also such a special time for the both of us to share this experience together.  I will never forget our time here and what she has meant to me on my faith journey where she has given me so much companionship.

When I was loading things up into my car, she was prematurely trying to jump in.  This too was also my answer, it was time for us to go home!  While driving home, we were singing and praising God with a new song and perspective upon our hearts.  It was good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment