Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Holy Land Final Days & Affirmation to Let My Life Speak

The last three days of my Palestine/Israel trip were the most powerful experiences and affirmations from the Holy Spirit.  It began once I arrived in Nazareth and visited the site of Mary's Well and Church of the Annunciation where Mary was visited by the angel to let her know that she was favored by God and would give birth to a son named Jesus, our Lord and Savior.  I resonated with Mary because I know too that I have been called for a specific reason and purpose.  I am being called into ministry to serve others and save souls.  Just as I am sure Mary felt scared, overwhelmed and asking the question of how God could possibly use her, I too have had the same questions and resisted the calling.  God has been patient and graceful through this process with me by continuing to give me outward signs, words of affirmations from others and a desire upon my heart that won't go away.  I can't even ignore it because of its intensity.

Our hotel room was along the Sea of Galilee and every free opportunity I had I would have my feet in the water.  This evening was different and I felt called to go sit in the water and meditate in the water.  I sat in waist deep water for probably 30 to 40 minutes.  It was an amazing feeling that I have never experienced before.  I have never meditated in a body of water much less the Sea of Galilee.  As I sat there feeling the water hit up against me nudging my body I heard God say,

"You are the buoy and I am the living water that anchors you.  No matter what storms, winds, or intense heat surround you, I will sustain you and not let you sink.  Just as a buoy is free floating so too will you be free floating going along with the waves or my nudges of where I want you to go."

As I sat there, I had an amazing peace within me knowing that I am acknowledging and accepting my calling.  I no longer feel scared but now ready to take the next step.

Little did I know the following day that when we started out that I would rededicate my baptism at the Baptismal Site on the Jordan River.  But then again, everything that I had experienced up to this point I know led to this life changing and conformational moment.

On our last day along the Sea of Galilee at our final retreat God spoke to me with concrete affirmation through two stones.  The first stone was triangular in shape with one side all smooth that resembled me in the past that looked all put together.  However, when I turned the stone over, it was dirty, rough, many imperfections, resembled pain, hurt, trauma, sin and unresolved issues.  What I noticed about this stone was that it was in the shape of a triangle representing the trinity of the, Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.  So through all of my past circumstances and filth, God was there with me right where I was the entire time even though I may not have known or felt His presence.  The second stone resembled new.  It was the new me or the new me that I wanted to achieve.  It was almost a perfect heart on both sides that was smooth and beautiful.  It did not matter which side you flipped it to they both looked the same.  That is what I want for myself.  I want to be smooth, pure and in the image of Christ no matter what side you flip me on.


I remember as I was sitting with my feet in the Sea of Galilee, I had three minnows that were swimming in and around my toes playing.  It was actually tickling my feet to the point that I began to laugh outwardly.  I was joyful and thought that I too can now be joyful about this calling instead of mourning it like I have been for the past three years.  I can actually say that I am joyful for this calling that God has placed upon my heart.  I will embrace this calling and the unknown instead of resisting it.  I will accept this calling and walk it out to fruition leaving all doubts behind me.  This vision is greater than me and I will abandon my narrow minded thinking of selfish desires that are impermanent.  I will rely solely on spirit to guide me to release all flesh and worldly distractions.  No longer do I have to do this alone, but I will embrace partnerships and others that God puts beside me to bring this vision to fruition.  It is about a community of love and not self seeking recognition.  It is about the unseen opportunities that my limited eye sight can't recognize.  It is about being open to the spirit's leading and I'm finished with my preconceived plans.  It's about letting my life speak through Jesus Christ so that all can see His light, truths, promises and eternal glory of where heaven meets earth.

Thank you God for using the Holy Land trip that would transform me to hear, see, feel and receive this gift from you.  The gift I have received must be shared and expressed with others to glorify your Holy Name.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment